Terms and Conditions
When entering into a business agreement with Harder & Steenbeck GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter called “Harder & Steenbeck”) by purchasing their products, the customer will agree to these terms and conditions. Any deviating terms and conditions will not form an integral part of the agreement either in case of remaining silent or in case of delivery by Harder & Steenbeck, but only by means of a written confirmation by the management of Harder & Steenbeck, for each individual transaction separately.
II. Conclusion of the agreement
1. Any offers from Harder & Steenbeck are legally invitations to the customer to place an order with Harder & Steenbeck in form of an offer of purchase. Orders are placed by customers by clicking on the button “Buy now” and Harder & Steenbeck confirming and thus accepting these orders. If the customer chooses to pay via PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Giropay, or Credit Card via Stripe, the purchase agreement is being entered at the time of confirmation of the payment to PayPal Holdings, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Giropay, or Stripe may only be placed for personal and domestic use and not for resale. The conclusion of the agreement and all communications in connection with the business relationship are to be conducted in either German or English.
2. Harder & Steenbeck will save the text of the sales agreement and send it to the customer via email following the placement of the order together with the terms and conditions including the cancellation information. Furthermore, the customer may view the terms and conditions on the website www.harder-help-ukraine.de and download them at any time.
3. Graphical depictions and descriptions of the products offered are merely exemplary and are not part of the agreement. Deviations from the product's representation on the website regarding colours and fonts on screen (smartphone, tablet, PC monitor, etc.) are due to technical reasons.
4. Value-added tax at the applicable statutory rate (currently 19% of the net amount) as well as packaging and shipping costs will be shown to the customer prior to completing the order and which are subject to the customer’s country. The total price including VAT, packaging and shipping costs will be shown before completing the order.
5. Harder & Steenbeck generally delivers worldwide. However, Harder & Steenbeck reserves the right to refuse acceptance of the order or to refuse delivery in the case of PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Giropay or Stripe payments, if legitimate reasons exist due to which a sale is impossible or unreasonable (e.g. due to disproportionate costs). In the event of refusal to deliver, Harder & Steenbeck will inform the customer immediately and reimburse any payments received without delay.
III. Obligations of the customer
When receiving the goods, the customer must take note of any visible shipping damage and indicate any such damage on the shipping documents. In this case, Harder & Steenbeck asks the customer to kindly open the package in the presence of the carrier and check the condition of the goods. Any damage must be noted in text form. In addition to this, Harder & Steenbeck need to be notified immediately of any shipping damage. In case of complaints, the customer is required to contact Harder & Steenbeck by phone or email via the contact function.
1. Delivery times will be advised by Harder & Steenbeck by information displayed on the website www.harder-help-ukraine.de Partial deliveries are permitted, provided they are reasonable for the customer; there will be no additional costs for the customer.
2. All payments must be made by the customer at the time of ordering via one of the payment options available during the check-out process.
3. Delivery will be made as parcel shipment to the shipping address specified in the customer's account. Receipt of the goods must be confirmed by the customer or an authorized representative via a signed receipt.
V. Retention of title
The goods delivered by Harder & Steenbeck remain our property until payment for the de-liveries has been received in full.
Harder & Steenbeck’s warranty/liability
1. Any information on Harder & Steenbeck’s websites about the goods offered are carefully checked. However, they only serve the purpose of informing our customers and do not guarantee the properties of the goods. Insignificant, but apparent deviations of colours and/or fonts from the representation on the website cannot always be avoided and do not constitute a defect for which Harder & Steenbeck will have to compensate the customer.
2. Furthermore, for the warranty and liability, the statutory provisions will apply.
3. Independent of the provisions of statutory warranty (liability for defects), Harder & Steenbeck will grant the customer a warranty for a period of 24 months from purchase against all defects in materials and workmanship, in case of proper use of the airbrush. Wear parts such as gaskets, nozzles, needles, etc. are excluded.
VII. Data protection
The customer hereby agrees that any personal data entered when buying will be electronically processed and stored within applicable data protection laws inasmuch as they are necessary for the completion of the order. All data shall be treated in a confidential manner. They will be used for the processing of the customer's request and the fulfilment of the contract only, and they will only be forwarded to the delivery company (e.g. UPS/DHL) or to the company handling the payment (e.g. PayPal/ Stripe) for the purpose of the conclusion of the agreement. For further reference, please view our extensive privacy policies.
VIII. Cancellation of the order and cancellation instructions
1. The customer will receive the following cancellation instructions:
Rights of cancellation:
You have the right to cancel this agreement within fourteen days without stating reasons.
The cancellation period shall begin fourteen days from the date the goods have been taken into possession by you or a third party named by you other than the carrier.
In order to exercise your rights of cancellation, you must inform us (Harder & Steenbeck GmbH & Co. KG, Hans-Böckler-Ring 37, D-22851 Norderstedt, Germany, Fax: +49 (0)40 878798931, email: email@example.com) by means of an unambiguous statement via letter by post, fax or email about your decision to withdraw from this agreement. For this, you may use the attached withdrawal form, but it is not compulsory.
For compliance with the cancellation period, a notification concerning the exercise of the right of cancellation needs to be sent before the cancellation period has expired.
Consequences of cancellation:
If you cancel this agreement, we will reimburse all payments we have received from you, including shipping costs (with the exception of any additional costs arising from the fact that you have chosen a different mode of shipping than the standard mode of shipping offered by us). This reimbursement will take place immediately, the latest within fourteen days from the date we have received the notification of your cancellation of this agreement. For reimbursement we shall use the same method of payment that you used in the original transaction, un-less expressly agreed upon otherwise; you will not be charged any fees for the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received our goods back or until you have proven that you have returned the goods, whichever the earlier.
You are obliged to return the goods immediately, but no later than fourteen days from the date on which you have informed us about the cancellation of this agreement. This deadline is met if you send the goods before expiry of a fourteen day period. You shall bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You will have to pay for any loss in value of the goods, if this loss in value is due to handling the product in a manner which is not necessary for checking the condition, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
2. It is expressly brought to the customer’s attention that the right of cancellation does not apply e.g. to agreements for the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and for the pro-duction of which individual choices or decisions by the consumer must be observed or which are clearly tailored to the customer’s personal needs. Therefore, for any airbrush equipment which has been individually configured by the customer – in particular with personalised engravings – the above mentioned right of cancellation does not apply.
1. German law shall apply to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods of 11 April 1980 (CISG). In case of customers who conclude the contract for a purpose that cannot be attributed to professional or commercial activity (consumers), the mandatory provisions of the law of the state in which the customer has his habitual residence remains unaffected.
2. The European Commission offers the possibility of an online out-of-court dispute settlement on their online platform. The platform is to be found on http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Harder & Steenbeck will endeavor to settle any disagreements arising from the contract amicably. Harder & Steenbeck is not obliged to participate in an online out-of-court dispute settlement and does not participate in such a procedure.
3. If any provision be or become invalid and unenforceable in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions. The same applies if any loopholes of the regulations are recognized during the execution of the agreement.
4. In case of any conflict between the meaning and interpretation of this clauses to the German version of these terms and condition, the German version will prevail.
Status: August 2022